- Jerry Stahl describes how he has written about his second chance at being a good father.
- Michelle Tea discusses how writing while parenting taught her many things, like how it demands a certain kind of discipline to put more meaning into the things you create.
- Wendy Chin-Tanner describes how, through parenting, she was able to break through her writer’s block.
- Bill Kenower reminds parents that taking good care of themselves is necessary for not only good writing but also good parenting.
- Lam Miller explains how the parent-writer/editor balance was one of the founding principles of Girl Friday.